Job Opening: Development Director
Montana Conservation Voters (MCV), a 12 year old non-partisan, grassroots organization, protects Montana’s air, land and water by working to elect conservationists to public office. With a home office in Billings and a field office in Missoula, MCV shines a spotlight on the votes and actions of elected officials affecting conservation and the environment. Its sister group, MCV Education Fund, provides research, organizing and public education to foster citizen participation in government on behalf of the environment.
MCV and MCVEF seek a full time Development Director to coordinate an exciting 18 month development plan, coordinating a major donor gifts campaign and MCV’s membership recruitment and renewal program. The Development Director works with MCV’s dynamic staff team and statewide Board of Directors, and is based in Billings, with periodice statewide travel. Montana Conservation Voters provides a competitive salary, based on experience, and generous benefits, and excellent orientation and staff development.
An applicant should be committed to Montana Conservation Voters and MCV Education Fund mission and purpose, and have demonstrated fundraising experience. Specific qualifications:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Previous experience (minimum of three years) soliciting major gifts, working with boards, staff, candidates and volunteers;
- Experience developing and implementing a membership or small donor program;
- Experience planning and implementing events;
- College or university graduate;
- Knowledge of Montana’s conservation and environmental community;
- • Grant making experience and social network expertise is helpful but not required.
Send resume’, three references and two writing samples to Montana Conservation Voters, Box 63, Billings, MT 59103 phone 406.254.1593 email firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open while posted. Montana Conservation Voters is an equal opportunity employer.